Friday, May 9, 2008

Twitter??

Great post from Doug Johnson about the value of Twitter. Something to think about. I like Twitter for making connections with other teachers or librarians for sharing information or collaborating on projects. I think it's great for asking questions about new apps that people have tried out. I also am interested to know what some really fabulous ed-techie types are doing out there with their classes or at their conference sessions.

What I don't like about Twitter is that some people use it for "look at me" purposes. I've been guilty of that myself. Then I saw how annoying it was when I saw other people do it.

On the other hand, it's a great shortcut for reading blog posts when you are not in the mood to go through your RSS feeder. And, I have to admit, sometimes I do enjoy knowing that David Warlick is exercising his marvelous mind somewhere in the world. And I love to know what caught Vicki Davis' eye.

What do you think???

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, I think the library community is way too excited about Twitter. I haven't seen any real value in it except for at something like a spread-out social event (a la SXSW), where you have a bunch of friends, and a bunch of locations, so you can use it mobile-style and say "I'm going to bar X."

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sir, i like your writing. thanks u so much for making this great site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a very fine and the out standing site for the working manner and very professional for the all over like a Google and the yahoo.thanks for the sharing.have a very good day sir.

    ReplyDelete